Bodybuilding for women
Such exercise does not cause strong muscle growth in women as much as in men, since the formation of large muscle mass is associated with male hormones. Did you know After the age of 40, people begin to lose 2-3% of their muscle mass, and in old age (after 60) this loss is already 5%. Therefore, strength training is very helpful in maintaining and even rejuvenating some of the exercise strength in old age.
They do not load the cardiovascular system, like jogging or aerobics, and mainly work on muscles and bones. Women and girls are not at risk of becoming men unless they use steroids.
Benefits of training
Regular strength training can help people of the weaker sex:
- The muscles improve, the appearance improves due to the reduction of fat, the beautiful relief, the belly and the slim waist. However, you shouldn’t look at weights when doing strength exercises because you’ll get rid of fat, but you’ll contract your muscles. Visually, the figure tightens and loses more centimeters, but there is no evidence that overweight people exercise to lose weight;
- get rid of cellulite;
- an image of strength and endurance;
- location improvement;
- strengthen bones, joints and tendons. prevention of osteoporosis;
- improved metabolism;
- increased immunity;
- improve emotions and fight depression. During such training, the level of hormones in the body that act as antidepressants increases – these are serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.
Disadvantages and contraindications
Many types of exercise are contraindicated and can be harmful. Strength training is no exception and you can injure yourself during such exercises:
- illiterate and careless exercise can lead to injury, muscle, tendon and hamstring strain;
- When muscle mass increases too quickly, stretch marks can appear on the skin – stretch marks, such as during pregnancy;
- Excessive or improperly performed strength training can damage a woman’s reproductive system;
- Some people are addicted and are only comfortable in the gym.
It is better to do such classes under the guidance of a professional who selects the right load and monitors the correctness of the exercise. The load and the set of muscle mass should be gradual. Important! Such activities should be avoided during pregnancy and postpartum recovery, during severe menstrual disorders in women, during colds (ARI, flu, etc.). Women with varicose veins need to exercise their upper body and using a scale after a C-section is not recommended.